Monday, February 2, 2009
視覺設計顧問公司 VS 視覺設計顧問工作室 Graphic Design Agencies VS independent Design Workshops
視覺設計顧問公司 VS 視覺設計顧問工作室
Choosing the Right Graphic Designer -
Graphic Design Agencies versus independent Design Workshops
Finding an experienced graphic design agency or designer most suitable to your needs can be a frustrating and time-consuming task. One should be aware of a number of crucial differences between graphic design agencies and independent design workshops. Working with a graphic design agency, rather than an independent design workshop, at first may appear to offer many benefits, but actually there can be some problems too. Below is a summary outlining the advantages of each…
Benefits of working with a graphic design agency
- One stop solution which make the process more convenient.
- A long list of prestigious, trustworthy clients as references to assure you the quality of work you will receive.
- Agencies offer a much broader skill set than what any independent workshop can offer.
- Agencies usually have a group of designers collaborating on ideas, offering a broad range of outcomes.
- Agencies are well versed in dealing with large accounts.
- You are not reliant on just one individual for the successful completion of your project.
- Agencies provide better credibility and reliability, yet you have to pay a lot more.
- Agencies are more capable in handling larger projects.
Benefits of working with an independent design workshop
- More flexibility and favors.
- From start to finish, you are talking directly to a highly creative designer and project specifications do not need to be relayed through other staff before action is taken.
- There are no separate account managers, senior or junior designers, or any other staff, each with differing interpretations of the job requirement/outline.
- The individual hired is 100% responsible for the graphic design portfolio, and a personal relationship can easily be developed which is always better for the project’s progress and ultimate completion.
- Communications are directly with the person working on your project - not an answering machine, secretary or person handling numerous accounts simultaneously.
- Competitive professional fees are offered, assisted by low overheads.
- Considerable savings on cost and budgeting.
- Design revisions can be done frequently and swiftly.
- The independent workshop can often provide exactly the same quality of work as design agencies. It can also competently handle larger projects by carefully selecting a group of individuals with the best skills and talents required.
When choosing an independent designer, one should be aware that there are many people who mark themselves as an “independent design workshop or graphic designer,” but who actually lack the necessary skills and experience. These individuals can tarnish the image of the graphic design industry. A corporate client who hires one of these designers can cause serious damage to their reputation. It is therefore vital to choose the right graphic designer who can produce evidence of completed projects as previous projects speak volumes about what you can expect. A good portfolio and customer testimonials are essential.